Code Red
    Corporal
    Corporal

[SoA]The Skyscraper Idea

Post  Code Red on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:14 am

I have a brilliant mod idea Wink
    Only problem is I would need a amazing modeler to make alot of models

So, You have a 6-8 story skyscraper

here is a pic of a skyscraper design for smokeD and others who don't know what one is

It would have 2-3 staircases going up to the next floor and would be nice if I had office type models such as cubicals that you might see in 90's movies.

I would also like modern weapons.

Assault - M16; AK47
    Medic - M4A1; um shortened version of ak47 full auto (Its in bf2 as a MEC spec ops weapon but i can't remember name)
    Sniper - M95
    Engineer - AA-12; AA-12 with a dif skin (btw I know of a AA-12 model just needs to be converted and stuff for bf1942 and all animations and stuff set up but the actual model is finished)

Antitank ( just a modern looking zooka although this is not nessisary to the game as its infantry only)

Now the blue team will spawn on bottom floor with and red team on the top floor. they will proceed upwards capturing flags until they meet in the middle Wink then it becomes a floor by floor fight for survival! first team to conquer the entire skyscraper wins! this is conquest btw

[SoA] Wicked Arsonist
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Re: [SoA]The Skyscraper Idea

Post  [SoA] Wicked Arsonist on Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:01 pm

Looks siiick. The modern weapons we can grab from the BF242 mod in retail, as for the skyscraper I could look in DC and see if I can find anything similar to it. Anyway, looks like a promising project!
    asad
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post  asad on Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:18 am

The who dares wins mod might be of some help. it has modern weps. and probably some high buildings. This would be a brilliant one! i like it!
    Code Red
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Code Red on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:04 pm

SmokeD is making models and he said he would work on a skyscraper. thus i believe after operation_torch is out this is the next project. Ill prob need some of bm's help in porting in weapons as i suck at it Wink but ill work and try and figure it out. I'm getting much more familiar with all the rfa's with my new mod vs doing all the work though a hellen_001

[SoA] Wicked Arsonist
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  [SoA] Wicked Arsonist on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:41 pm

All those mods! We're on a roll here!
    Sure mate, I'll gladly help you with this next mod. In my Soldiers With Attitude mod I've made a map "City Life" with a lot of skyscrapers so perhaps you can use these in this mod. Anyway hit me up if you need help.
    Code Red
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Code Red on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:10 pm

yup, but i tried importing server weapons from bf242 mod and idk if its the way its set up. But I failed at importing the weapons. I will try and find a dif mod to import from either from DC or EoD i guess. other then that This will prob end up as a smokeD and black mamba mod vs mine as I fail on importing from retail. Honestly i am not that familiar with the retail files

[SoA] Wicked Arsonist
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  [SoA] Wicked Arsonist on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:24 pm

They're pretty much the same as demo. Only exception with retail is it has an additional "AiMeshes.rfa" file the demo doesn't have, but that's it I think.
    Code Red
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Code Red on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:01 pm

hum.. well idk. I tried to import a dc berreta and the same thing happened. when i try and load a level then the load bar gets about 5% (same spot every time) and then the game crashes.. idk what to do so ill prob get hooked and waste large amounts of time trying to figure it out

[SoA] Wicked Arsonist
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  [SoA] Wicked Arsonist on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Try running the demo in windowed mode... I noticed that when you do so you get an error message telling you exactly what went wrong, in 99% of cases. You most probably just forgot a CON file somewhere.
    Code Red
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Code Red on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:32 pm

lol i run all my mods in progress in window mode for exactly that reason. unfortunitly no errors. just a crash. its very early on so it is a major error. its not like animations, standardmesh, texture.... idk what the prob is honestly

[SoA] Wicked Arsonist
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  [SoA] Wicked Arsonist on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:48 pm

Hmm... I'll take a look at it when I have the chance then.
    Code Red
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Code Red on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:12 pm

ya np, prob will work perfect for you Razz. the weirdest thing was the dc guns had no animation files? idk if they just use the retail ones or something. but the bf242 did and i imported them so thats not the prob.

[SoA] Wicked Arsonist
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  [SoA] Wicked Arsonist on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:46 pm

Yeah, DC guns most likely use existing gun animations from vanilla BF (BAR 1918, STG44). Make sure you double-check that Animations.rfa!
    Code Red
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Code Red on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:49 pm

i did, i have looked though all the rfa's. i must just not know of 1 file that is needed. I am guessing some text file needs extra stuff writtiin in or something

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:31 pm